All Catholic public churches and public oratories must be blessed in a consecration ceremony before the Sacred Mysteries can be regularly celebrated in them (Cong. of Rites, September, 1871).
The regular Oratory choir will be joined by other guest singers in order to provide a most beautiful rendition of the liturgy. Some of the repertoire to be included are:
- William Byrd's (c. 1540-1623) Mass for Three Voices
- St. Saens' Ave Verum Corpus
- Jaquet of Mantua's O Jesu Christe
- Pierluigi da Palestrina's Ave Maria
- Palestrina's Sicut Cervus
- Josquin des Pres' Ave Vera Virginitas
The members of the Oratory choir are greatly appreciated for this special effort, but mostly for their regular and dedicated service to the music of the Latin Mass on Sunday mornings.